It's the scripting

Elmar Bijlsma

Having taken the demo for a spin I can't help but feel a great game is lost.

I've had a thing for this tpe of genre ever since the ancient "PT-109" game. But even in the tutorial demo mission the scripting i just getting in between me and the game. The slightest deviation of what the mission designer had to in mind seems to be punished by the game either booting me out of the mission or the mission stalling till I've done XYZ.

That's in the demo, where it's to be expected the player farts about in a semi clueless way. I don't even want to contemplate what the linked campaign missions are like.

Another issue I have with this game is the schizophrenic nature of it.

For a PT Boat sim, why am I commanding cruisers? That's a whole different game! A game I'd be interested in too, btw, but not at the same time as piloting MTBs.

I'm still interested in this type of game. But I want to see more freedom for the player to shape his experience. Ideally, a PT boat version of Silent Hunter III.

Sorry, I really wanted to be a customer for this game, but it lacks the focus and depth I require.

I have to agree with the above.

This was a game i was looking forward to for years and years.

I was able to play the demo and was not impressed.

I was hoping for a grand campaign experience and it would seem as if the title is lacking in that dept. I stand corrected if this is not the case.

• 3 weeks later...