Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

my graphics card sux

ok ,i'v been reading some of the tech support posts and a few say that CM has a prob with 3dfx cards....i have a 3dfx voodoo banshee 16mb screen card along with the lastest drivers and directx 7a. when i try and play the game , everything is going fine until it starts to load...it stalls on

"loading 3d-graphics" or something similar....does n e 1 know how i can fix this??? i played the beta of CM and loved it , and im dieing to play the demo. i am going mad!! plz post soon. thx =)

There can be a large number of possibilities here. Generally there are gamers out there using 3dfx Banshee-based video cards with CM. They're not seeing some of the effects due to driver/hardware limitations, but otherwise they are able to play as far as I know.

If I understand you correctly you are saying that the Beta Demo worked fine for you, but the Gold Demo is having problems loading. Is this correct ? Do you hear any sounds from the game when the screen halts on the "Loading 3D Graphics.." ?

How much memory do you have in your computer ? What OS are you running 98, 95, NT, etc. ? Whose Banshee card are you using; Creative Labs ? What sound card do you have and have you updated the drivers for it ?

The first thing I would suggest is to close ALL other programs, including applets you will find in the System Tray. A program called EndItAll can help with this.

Second I would suggest uninstalling your current video driver and going back to a Super VGA (PCI) driver and THEN reinstalling your newest 3dfx Reference driver for the Banshee. In order to install the SVGA drivers you'll probably have to remove the .infs for the Banshee in the C:\WINDOWS\INF\OTHER directory.

I would also suggest deleting the prefs file for CM (in the C:\PROGRAM FILES\CMBO directory) and having CM redetect your display settings. I would suggest going for a lower resolution initially (640 x 480 or 800 x 600) to see if this helps or not.

your correct....the beta worked perfectly for me while the demo stalls. when it stalls it plays a sound (kind of like an explosion) and then it keeps playing that sound over and over.

i have 64 mb sdram 133hz memory and im running under win 98. the screencard is from creative labs as is my soundblaster 16.

thx for the advice , i'll try everything u suggested and report back later. =)