Loading CMAK from disk with Microsoft Security Essentials

ghcoe

Thought I would post a note here since Microsoft Security Essentials is fairly new. I am running Windows Vista 32 bit. I had a problem with CMAK not loading from the disk to the hard drive. The processor would wind up and the cd tray light would flash. The computer processor would start to bog down until you ejected the cd then all would go back to normal. Was reading on here that some virus software can cause some problems. I just installed Microsoft Security Essentials on my new hard drive and I thought maybe that is the problem. I thought I could turn it off until I loaded the game, but there is no way to turn MSE off. I went into "settings" and unchecked all three boxes and I was able to get CMAK to load. Hope this helps someone. George.

Thanks for the headsup on this. The cause is probably the same or similar as to why some overeager anti-virus programs may be blocking a game. Our games are encrypted (to prevent hacking) and these security programs are not able to decrypt and therefore assume foul play often by default. Which is ok I guess if they would at least tell you what they're doing and why.