Version 1.01.4101 Available

Brit

Hey everyone. A new version was just uploaded. Notable fixes/additions:

- Faster redraw (about 30-35% faster)

- You can now use the mouse-scroll to scroll all different kinds of windows (someone suggested this a while ago; I wish I had done it sooner)

- AI Players tends to stay out of player's territory now (if you have neutral foreign relations)

- Fixed a bug in the Map-Editor: turning on map-wrap wouldn't allow you to scroll 360 degrees

- The AI will research technologies that improve resources

- Added a clock image to the cursor when the game is in replay-turn mode (this is to remind people that the game is in replay mode)

- Fixed a crash

- Added the ability to add a random number of AI Players

Far freakin out on the random opponents! Thanks so much. Among the various things about this game I love is the replayability (I.E. all the various random settings, every game is a completely different game). Not knowing how many are out there makes the initial exploring much more interesting.

And yes, if you go to the diplomatic screens you would see how many, but I don't need to visit that screen until much later in the game when most all of the exploring is completed.

Also, it will be nice to see the AI not camping out in our territories!

Thanks again,

KevinB

Far freakin out on the random opponents! Thanks so much. Among the various things about this game I love is the replayability (I.E. all the various random settings, every game is a completely different game). Not knowing how many are out there makes the initial exploring much more interesting.

And yes, if you go to the diplomatic screens you would see how many, but I don't need to visit that screen until much later in the game when most all of the exploring is completed.

Also, it will be nice to see the AI not camping out in our territories!

Thanks again,

KevinB

And there would be a good suggestion,...only show countries you have made visual contact with in the diplomatic screens.

And there would be a good suggestion,...only show countries you have made visual contact with in the diplomatic screens.

True. I'm just tickled that I got the original request! :D That was something I always wanted in CIV, and many other games of this genre. That may or may not be an easy add.

On a side note, what would be kinda interesting, related to the animated history at the end of the game, is if the "fog of war" could be turned off, so you could see how/where the AIs were populating/fighting/etc. related to cities when viewing the wrapup replay.