AI and IEDs

I have placed a Medium Cell phone IED on the map. The triggerman is about 10m away and in full LOS, and yet, the AI simply refuses to detonate the thing. I know how to do this manually, but don't know how to get the AI to do it. I have tried activating the thing in the editor, but that doesn't seem to have any effect. Is there an AI plan or something for this, or am I SOL?

I don't really care what the target is, but in my tests I have been driving Strykers in front of it. Currently, I have the Cell triggerman in a building facing a window that gives LOS to the IED 10m away. I then drive the Stryker infront of the window, literally ontop of the IED, and wait. Nothing happens.

When I switch sides and play as Red, the IED triggers the second the guy can see the Stryker. I believe the failure rate for the Cell IED is 10%, but so far it has been 100% with the AI.

The reason I asked about the target is, if you are targeting a Stryker, or any other US vehicle, it should be equipped with a CREW system, and that could be your problem. Are you running it in "scenario author test" or whatever it's called? Maybe the AI is giving a hide order to the trigger man or something like that.

As far as I'm aware, only some British vehicles are equipped with jamming devices. I forgot about Scen Test and will run that to see.

Okay, it just worked with the test, but I don't know what was different. The Medium IED didn't do much, just some minor damage to tires, so it will have to be replaced with something else, I think.

Can the trigger man be too close? 10m is close to be setting off explosives.

When it actually worked, the Medium IED did wound him. I wonder if I drove the Stryker between the IED and triggerman and broke LOS to the bomb? I playtesting the actual scenario and I'm interested in seeing what the Large IED will do to my guinea pig Stryker, assuming it works.

This is my problem too.

I used cell, radio and wire IED in my scenarios against brit vehicles, but the AI never detonate it. When I played the official british campaign, there was a mission (night, urban area and brits have to defend a damaged police station) the AI used against me the IED. It was a very same vehicle as I used in my scenarios (sorry, I don't remember that silly name).