Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How to get CMSF to run again?

so, about a week ago my PC did some strange thing over night. i turned it off at night and when i turned it on again next morning it was hung up in a endless loop of starting up to a certain point and restarting again. i found no way to get back into windows.

so i had to format and reinstall windows.

since i was not able to get into windows to unlicence the game and modules i simply copied the whole CMSF folder to my 2nd HDD after i formated C: partition and was back in windows. now in order to clear up the mess i had going with partitions i reformated the whole 1st HDD after that and installed windows a new on my 2nd HDD, after that i formated the 1st HDD as a whole in order to make it a storage disk.

now my problem, the only thing i did was copying CMSF folder from one plate to the other and after the 2nd time installing windows back again.

now i tried to start CMSF the first time after i did this, and the british module licence thingy pops up. why is that? i changed nothing on my hardware config, there are still the same components as there where befor i had to do all this.

what can i do now?

Due to your reformatting, eLicense may think that it has now been moved to a different PC than it was licensed before. eLicense is smart enough to try to recognize your PC (even after a reformat) but it will not always work (which may explain why only the British module acts up, and not the base game, or, if you have it, the Marines module).

You do have the British Forces module, do you? (It's not entirely clear from what you write). If you do, simply license it again. If you get "error 11", then you will need a reset for your key. Please submit a support ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.

a thanks for the fast response, yes i got marines and british. and when i want to start CMSF now only the brit module license window pops up.

ok i will try to simply relicense it. i dont hope marines and/or the base game are acting up after i licensed the brit module, but this would be rather odd i think.