MacMagic Pro

Hello, I got a macmagic pro video card (ya its crap but it works - Im waiting for the Voodoo 5 to come out for mac or buying a MP850) Im on a PPC 6500 128MB ram, now heh... I cant get res. higher then 640x480 (cries) I was wondering if there are any tips for me to adjust it so I could atleast get 800x600... I mean I can play UT or Unreal with amazing fog and lighting effects with now slowing of performance and with CM I get just chopy explosions and low detail what gives... ?

help?

I too have a PPC 6500 but I have a V2 card. I play at 800 x 600 and it sucks! Theres very little detail and it's chopy but theres nothing wrong with the explosions. At least the beta demo looked beautiful.

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

hmmm thanks for the info, I as hoping that some guys at Big Time Software could answer my questions since they got a squad of macs there. I would be interested what I could do to my "puppy" to get the best quality of this Kick A** Game.... *sigh* I think I'm doomed to see not so hot graphics and solid white explosions.. Why why me... cool game though can't wait till the TCP/IP patch comes out.

Guest Big Time Software

Mensch,

Make sure you have the latest drivers (i.e. extensions) installed for your graphcis card.

The difference between CM and, say, Unreal here is that (I think!) Unreal uses the Glide interface to create the 3D effects (the proprietary 'interface' for Voodoo cards, which doesn't work on anything else) while CM uses the more general RAVE interface, which may not be as full-featured on your particular graphics card.

Charles