Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

PBEM file corruption?

Our game is just starting(CMBB}. The 1st turn my host sent, would not allow me to do anything except watch the movie,When clicked on the Done button and it immediately kicked me to the *Save* Game box with no opportunity to make game moves.I tried several time's but with the same results. His comment's to me were "The first turn movie would not play properly. I could only advance it 10 sec. at a time. If I hit play it went directly to 60 sec. and ended without showing any troop movement. I could see movement if I advanced 10 sec. at a time."

Is it possible we are both having file corruption problem's? Could the game have a problem when it was mastered? Does anyone have any suggestion's or idea's?

BTW, We both have updated v1.01.

others here have posted of problems with MSN corrupted files in PBEM - either of you use it for you ISP?

least i think it was MSN (didn't do a search to check)

i'd say the first thing to try would be to zip up the transmission before sending it

this should cause some CRC error detection to be done on both ends to make sure integrity of the file has not been lost in transmission