where are paratroops in the tech tree?

Henri

I don't see paratroopers in the tech tree. After a while they appeared as a choice in my list of available units. But I have no idea which techs are required before I can buy them. I spent an hour trying to get various units into air transports before the paratroopers appeared, because I didn't know there were specific units for air transport since they were not in the tech tree.

So what techs are required for paratroopers? Why are they not in the tech tree? Why re they not in the manual? The manual implies that any ground troops can be loaded into air transports, which is not the case in my game.

Henri

I don't see paratroopers in the tech tree. After a while they appeared as a choice in my list of available units. But I have no idea which techs are required before I can buy them. I spent an hour trying to get various units into air transports before the paratroopers appeared, because I didn't know there were specific units for air transport since they were not in the tech tree.

The paratroopers are together with other infantry units. I think "Infantry (Class 3)" also includes "Paratroopers (Class 1)".

So what techs are required for paratroopers? Why are they not in the tech tree? Why re they not in the manual? The manual implies that any ground troops can be loaded into air transports, which is not the case in my game.

Henri

Only paratroopers can be loaded into air transports.