Questions for Brit

rich12545

Hi, you know I've been bugging you about certain options. I don't believe you've answered these since the demo.

1. Allow resources, diplomacy, trading, etc to be options.

2. Allow for much larger maps, up to 5-6 times the current max.

and

3. Allow the option to start random games with everybody already at war with everybody else.

Reason I'm asking now is I'm looking at making another mod for Empire Enhanced. If I do, it will take hours to complete. However, if I end up buying this game I'll switch my Empire playing (which is more than all other wargames combined) to EoS and not make the EE mod. But, for me, the answers need to be yes. If no, then fine. I'll continue with my plan and not waste time here. Whatever you want to do is ok but I would greatly appreciate your response so I know how to plan.

I think EoS is the better game and has huge potential. I've discussed the possibilities for using it to make scenarios like Battle of the Bulge or Market Garden. It would also work for naval games like Midway or Coral Sea. Other time frames as well. You can't do this though unless 1,2,3 are implemented.

Thanks.

Hi Rich. I'm certainly willing to add features to the game, even after release.

1. Allow resources, diplomacy, trading, etc to be options.

Sure, why not? There are a couple places these options could be surfaced - on the Game-Setup window, inside the scenario editor (they would only apply to that scenario), or in the ruleset system. Dropping it under the "Rules Modifiers" in the Game-Setup window would probably be the easiest of the three.

2. Allow for much larger maps, up to 5-6 times the current max.

Sure. My only concern about this was memory usage and processing time (larger maps take more time to process). Although, I guess that depends on the user's individual system. The AI runs slower on larger maps as well, but that's something that will certainly be fixed, so that's not really an issue in the long-term.

3. Allow the option to start random games with everybody already at war with everybody else.

Sure. I recently added some options to the scenario-editor so that players can't make peace with each other, and this isn't too different, although, I'd have to add it to the Game-Setup window.

Thank you very much. This is going to be a great game.

Your response brought up another question (not a game breaker though lol). Will the game support multiple cores for processing?

And btw, regarding the larger maps, if some systems can't handle them they can play small to medium ones. Many games are like this.

Thank you very much. This is going to be a great game.

Your response brought up another question (not a game breaker though lol). Will the game support multiple cores for processing?

The AI runs on a different processing thread than the player. This means that the game should make good use of a dual-processor system. I don't think three or more cores would be an advantage over two, though.