Main campaign? And new mission inbound.

Is there a timeline and OOB available for the main campaign? I'm seriously thinking about putting together a campaign with all these three quarters finished missions and maps I've made, only thing is that I'd like to make sure it isn't totally out-of-sync with the storyline.

Also, I just submitted my first mission to the Repository. Definitely looking for feedback regarding the relative difficulty, the setup, etc.

Hey Apocal,

I too would like to see a timeline for the main campaign. However, you can most probably fudge it, as you can't actually see the dates in-game anyway.

I played your mission, and thought it was interesting. I got a Minor Defeat, but I'm not sure whether that was due to the mission's inherent difficulty or to my tactical errors (of which I made a considerable amount). I'm not used to playing missions in the haze, and I continually forgot about it, so I kept expecting dudes to be able to see enemy units at considerably longer ranges than was actually possible. I'll probably have another go at it soon.

BTW, there was a small typo in the briefing. I need to look at it again to find the context; I'll let you know when I do.

Hey Apocal,

I too would like to see a timeline for the main campaign. However, you can most probably fudge it, as you can't actually see the dates in-game anyway.

Roger that. I set the unit as 1CD which, AIUI, is the premier heavy formation in the Army but I'm not sure if they even they are even part of CMSF's hypothetical invasion.

I played your mission, and thought it was interesting. I got a Minor Defeat, but I'm not sure whether that was due to the mission's inherent difficulty or to my tactical errors (of which I made a considerable amount).

Probably inherent difficulty, I'll rework the REDFOR to make them a little less overpowered.

BTW, there was a small typo in the briefing. I need to look at it again to find the context; I'll let you know when I do.

Roger that. Did the briefing do a good job of conveying the context behind the fight?

Roger that. I set the unit as 1CD which, AIUI, is the premier heavy formation in the Army but I'm not sure if they even they are even part of CMSF's hypothetical invasion.

I'm pretty sure you can expect that the premier heavy formation in the Army would be involved in the invasion without problems. ;)

Roger that. Did the briefing do a good job of conveying the context behind the fight?

It did an OK job. I was clear on my objectives (which is very important and which some scen designers do not always do well, so kudos there! :)), but I feel that this is set as part of a campaign and I felt that having read a campaign briefing beforehand would have helped me a little. Bottom line, though, is that it was fine, and it got the job done.

Sweet.

New version going up, multiple AI plans, reworked Syrians, victory levels might still need some tweaking but if you play as if you are the CO of a company team and this is your first of many taskings to come in the war which may last weeks, you'll see why I'm fairly harsh on losses. Also I got it moved to scenarios and campaigns section of Marines, where it belongs.