Experience Redistribution(Cherry-Picking)

It would be cool to be able to cherry pick experience points from your units and reallocate them to specific units. The germans did this a lot in WWII. This way elite units can be formed like the Herman Goering, Grossdeutschland, JV44, etc. This could be a way to emulate small unit leader assignments without actually having tactical HQ units.

v/r,

tk

Think this is dangerous. Firstly it could lead to some horrible abuses in building super units. Secondly, is an armoured unit experience bar the same as artillery or air? Thirdly, part of an elite unit is about identification with your fellows and the unit history. So, if the members of the Screaming Eagles were cherry picked and combined with a Marines unit I'm not sure the results would be as good as either were individually.

I would note in the commercial world that mergers between companies often do not produce the good results the accountants would predict. In part this is because two different commercial cultures, even quite close ones, do not always work together well.

And supergroups in rock music often do not live up to the sum of their parts.

I could see this possibly working as long as there is a corresponding cost for reorganization AND units could only move experience between like units.

So let's say you have two INF with experience of 50. If you moved experience from unit A to B, instead of getting one unit with 0 and the other with 100, I could see it being one unit with 0 and the other say 75 or 80. This would reflect the fact that it would take quite a while for the newly arriving units to get fully integrated into the new command structure.

I would also associate a cost to this transfer in terms of MPP.