System Requirements

Pips

PT Boats is quite demanding on the computer, so I'm surprised I haven't seen any comments on that aspect. So I thought I might start with what I've found to date.

My system is: Intel Pentium D 3.00GHz, ASRock 4CoreDual-VISTA motherboard, 2Gb DDR2-533 RAM, Gigabyte ATI HD 4850 graphics card. Not a great system, although up till now it's been adequate. The biggest limiter I have is the motherboard, it just doesn't do the job, and that's reflected in low fps and middle of the road graphic settings.

Much as I would like an Intel i7, it's just not possible at present. But I've come up with a system upgrade that will cover me for the next year, and let me play PT Boats as it should. For just $312.00 (Aus) I can get a Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz, Gigabyte G31-M motherboard, and 2 Gb DDR2-800 RAM. I'll keep my existing HD4850.

That'll make it hum! :)

Yup. Really the changing of the videocard from the 128 of the first announcement to 256 means doom for me. No PT boat for this year.

If BTF decided so, surely they have their good reasons but, since looking at the newest videos the quality of imagines doesn't seems changed too much (or at least so it seems to me) I'd be curious to know why now are necessary higher specs.

I think it's better that announced requirements are set realistically high, rather than optimistically low, so that no one is let down when the game they bought runs like a turtle in tar pit and looks like Bulgarian female wrestler. But the demo will tell.