direct 3d?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by panzer_2nd_ss:

i just downloaded the demo and when i try to play it the white box comes up for the resoulution then i push skip to next and it says "program error could not initialize direct 3d" whats wrong?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try doing it twice; when it does that to me, it works the next time around.

Henri

"Program error could not initialize direct 3D" is the error you'll get once you've run out of resolution options to select from. The program will only go through the available resolutions once before this error comes up (the available choices are dependent on your current desktop resolution and your video card/monitor's capabilities as defined by Windows). If you haven't selected a resolution after the first round, then you'll get this error.

If you want more options then you'll need to increase your desktop resolution. Once you've selected a resolution with CM's selection process it will continue to use that resolution and refresh rate until you delete the "prefs" file in the CMBO folder. Then you'll go through this process again to select a new resolution.