Bug in scenario editor?

Gents,

I've repeated this. I created a small test scenario involving British, USMC and Syrians. In order to get all blue forces down to 8 man squads, I had to change the USMC squads.

In the editor, under Units, Deploy Blue, I selected the USMC squads. Admin, Split Squad. I put extra units in an isolated area on the map (Hey, it's test map...). I did that with the 5 man squad leader team. That leaves the 2 4-man teams from the original USMC squad.

If I leave these two teams next to each other, in different action spots, then save, the scenario opens fine.

If I place these two teams in the SAME action spot, then select another unit, this forces the two teams to rejoin, forming a single unit of 8 men. (Remember, the 5-man squad leader team is about a klick away. This is all EXACTLY how I want it.) If I then save, it all SEEMS to save. However, upon opening the battle to play, the USMC 8-man squad is NOT where it was placed. Instead, it has transported itself to where the squad leader's team was placed and all 13 men are joined into its original squad.

The save does NOT work.

This is repeatable.

:)

Has anyone else noted this?

Thanks,

Ken

This has been around since the beginning, IIRC. Same happens to Army MOUT troops (or any units which can split into 3 seperate teams for that matter it seems.)

I think the game simply doesn't like splitting and rejoing squads at will. I found the only 'stable' way of splitting squads is using the stock split team sizes (split, assault, AT teams).