Tips for improving performance?

I've got a very powerful pc sitting here in front of me but I have to say, even with a near top-end Nvidia card I do find some of the larger scenarios somewhat 'laggier' than they should be.

Are there are performance tips or tricks that I could try to speed things up without losing the high quality graphics?

I'll add that everything else I have on here is fine, and it is only CMSF that runs like this. Even CMBB/CMAK runs smoother than this to be honest although that isn't overly surprising.

My spec:

i5 @ 3.4ghz

4gb DDR3

1GB 7200rpm HD

Nvidia 275 GTX overclocked a little

1920x1200

Win 7 RC1

AF x 2 (or 4), AA is off usually. There isn't much of a hit if I use AF.

I'm running with the latest Nvidia betas although I'm happy to try other drivers. I have run with the official Nvidia drivers and there didn't appear any difference.

Thanks I had a look at that. I've determined it is simply down to Ansitropic filtering and AA which is a shame. If I set both those to off then I gain some frames although it is still somewhat laggy. It's curious really because this is a top spec pc and I should get better frame rates than I am. I wonder if it is down to the latest Nvidia drivers.

Not just the latest Nvidia drivers. I've tried all kinds of combinations from 180 on and still see about the same average FPS. I don't have a top spec machine but close to yours and the framerates fluctuate wildly between 15-20 FPS to 60 FPS. One thing that seems odd is I get better framerates with FSAA set. Strange.

Hoping for an Nvidia fix (not likely) or Battlefront finds some kind of inefficiency in their code.

Crossing my fingers for 1.21.