CMAK 1.04 Vista64 problem: text box white-outs (not missing textures)

egamarl

Just returning to CMAK (& BB if I can get this working). Finally found backed up files DL'd from BF and licence keys! (Of course, I didn't need the original licence keys as it turns out as the Vista Pack has a new key - that would have saved me HOURS!)

Anyway, all installed - dl'd version was 1.3. Licensed it. Add Vista Upgrade & License it. Game loads, all seems fine. Open a game and all the scenery and units are there, but all of the text boxes are white background - and most of the text is white or very pale colours! I don't recall what the text-box backgrounds SHOULD be (transparent, maybe?) but white on white is .... errr .... illegible!

The "Unit details" panel (alt-enter pop-up) where you get all the 'hard data' about the unit capabilities and armour etc has the same issue: all the text-block backgrounds are white, some of the text is white, some very pale colours etc etc

Grateful for instructions on how to fix this ......

Running Vista 64bit, 8Gb RAM, a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4770, Driver Version: 8.14.0010.0671 from May '09 (rock solid in all other apps and games), AMD Phenom II X2 550.

The 'Graphics card tweaks' (anti-alias, anisotropic filtering) are set to 'application controlled' in the Catalyst Control Panel; Catalyst AI is DISabled; Mipmap Detail Level = 'Performance'; Wait for Vertical refresh = 'Always Off'; Adaptive Anti-Aliasing is NOT enabled; OpenGL Tripe Buffering is NOT enabled.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate some help as I've two PBEM opponents waiting for me ..... and I haven't played for over two years so I need to get a practice game or two in first ...

Panama Red: thank you SO much for pointing me to the files - and for patiently replying to each of my three posts! I see you have given this help to many others too.

I'm a little surprised that there isn't a mention of this on the Battlefront "patch" web-page or in the readme.txt files for - e.g. especially the Vista patch and for all newly downloaded versions ... it would make al our lives easier if it were!

Once again, thanks for your help

Oh! Maybe there should be a stickie in the forum about this problem!