Connection issue solved

mgarnett

Hi All,

I started a thread a while back about not being able to connect to an online game using Windows Vista. Since that time I have upgraded to Windows 7 and I can now report that all connection problems have been solved. The new version of Windows works fine with DiF, I was able to upgrade and join online games without any issues at all.

For those that are using Vista and are having problems, an upgrade to Windows 7 will solve it. Granted, installing a new version of Windows is a large undertaking, but if you are thinking of upgrading at least you know that DiF will work.

Cheers

Mark

I just downloaded DIF onto my new computer which uses vista (Windows Vista Home Premium). After updating the server files, I made some changes to my settings which allowed me to download the updates. I can play online now, and everything seems to be working normal.

So here are the adjustments I made: From the windows home screen I right clicked on the DIF shortcut and then selected PROPERTIES. I selected COMPATIBILITY and set the compatibility mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 2). I checked the privilige level to run this program as an administer. I also selected -Show Settings For All Users- and repeated the settings just mentioned.

I went to SECURITY and clicked on EDIT. I set all users to full control. I applied all these settings and saved them before exiting.

I also went into Windows Security (bottom right on screen) and selected DIF to be allowed through the firewall.

Before I made these changes I downloaded the updates for my computer. I hope this helps.

Jeff