"UK Edge of Darkness" - Snipers

Experienced in the mission: "UK Edge of Darkness"

Not sure what is up but both of my sniper teams were engaging targets & their sniper rifle disappeared & the marksman was now firing a L85A2. On one team, the marksman was a yellow wounded, the other team was fine. Both teams had plenty of rounds left for both weapons. Anyone experience this? Thanks for any help in advance.

I also had two oddball bomb drops using the Tornados. One missed the target by a block and 1/2 & then came around & did take it it out on it's return run. It was a BMP with a solid view & I was using a leader with a radio. I had another strange one trying to take out a bunker with my final bomb run from the Tornado. You heard the usual chatter & then the pilot announced the ordinance was released, but nothing happened. No boom, no streak, no damage, nothing. Anyone experience this one too? Once again, thanks in advance.

Paper Tiger - Thanks for some great scenarios!

What might be happening is confusion due to ammo type. The L96A1 uses 7.62 ammo and will use re-fills of this type. The L115a3 fires .338 Lapua of which there is none to be had in CMSF.

So if you grabbed some 7.62 out of the back for the team equipped with the latter, the second ammo bar does go up, but it won't help you fire that rifle.

Makes you wish for a "don't ask, don't tell" policy in regards to large rifle bullets. It goes through life as 7.62 but can sneakily be .338 if it is called for.

I did a Sniper test yesterday with veteran Army, Marine and British Snipers, engaging a steadily advancing Syrian squad from a start line of 1200m

The British sniper did that too - fired a bunch of shots, caused a few casualties, but then switched to his L85 eventually. I thought "fair enough, he's probably out of ammo" but lo and behold, a few minutes later hes back on the L115, caused two more casualties with it.

The stats for the British were:

Enemy Spotted - 1180m

First Shot - 1134m

First Casualty - 1083m

Casualties:

- 578m

- 563m (with next shot)

- 558m (with next shot)

- 421m (enemy brown)

- 436m (brown, enemy were prone and crawling about at this point)

- 380m

***at 395m, both men decide to fire L85s at prone enemy for several minutes***

- 394m (with L115)

- 394m

***brew is put on at this point***

So basically, they got a lucky shot at over 1000m, but the most damage was done at <600m. His spotter only fired his L85 at the 395m mark, when for some reason they both decided it was a good idea.

Oh, and for the record, in this test the British eliminated the enemy squad about 5 minutes before the Army managed it, and about 10 before the Marines ;)

What might be happening is confusion due to ammo type. The L96A1 uses 7.62 ammo and will use re-fills of this type. The L115a3 fires .338 Lapua of which there is none to be had in CMSF.

So if you grabbed some 7.62 out of the back for the team equipped with the latter, the second ammo bar does go up, but it won't help you fire that rifle.

Makes you wish for a "don't ask, don't tell" policy in regards to large rifle bullets. It goes through life as 7.62 but can sneakily be .338 if it is called for.

I bet that is the answer. I'm still trying to get used to the British equipment & I'm still a bit loose on the ammo for each.

I did a Sniper test yesterday with veteran Army, Marine and British Snipers, engaging a steadily advancing Syrian squad from a start line of 1200m

The British sniper did that too - fired a bunch of shots, caused a few casualties, but then switched to his L85 eventually. I thought "fair enough, he's probably out of ammo" but lo and behold, a few minutes later hes back on the L115, caused two more casualties with it.

The stats for the British were:

Enemy Spotted - 1180m

First Shot - 1134m

First Casualty - 1083m

Casualties:

- 578m

- 563m (with next shot)

- 558m (with next shot)

- 421m (enemy brown)

- 436m (brown, enemy were prone and crawling about at this point)

- 380m

***at 395m, both men decide to fire L85s at prone enemy for several minutes***

- 394m (with L115)

- 394m

***brew is put on at this point***

So basically, they got a lucky shot at over 1000m, but the most damage was done at <600m. His spotter only fired his L85 at the 395m mark, when for some reason they both decided it was a good idea.

Oh, and for the record, in this test the British eliminated the enemy squad about 5 minutes before the Army managed it, and about 10 before the Marines ;)

Both my sniper teams were wreaking havoc on some enemy squads in the ville. I was pleased with their accurate fire & the appropriate suppression it caused the red team. I'll try your test & see what results I can see. I like the sniper teams & I love it when they are a pain in the a$$ for the enemy. :)