Physical Copy

Zenith

Hi,

I recently discovered this title, and tried the demo, and am now interested in buying it. I checked Amazon UK and they have a boxed version, yet I have read a review which states that it does not include the e-license needed for updates, can anyone confirm whether or not this is true?

I prefer a box, as my internet is particularly dodgy at times (archaic infrastructure), and speeds never peek 250 kB/s, thus large downloads are somewhat of a nightmare. If however I require said e-license (apparently not included in the boxed version), it would seem that I have no choice but to pay more than double the asking price on Amazon, directly via the Battlefront site. I assume this would also apply to ToW2?

If anyone could clear these issues up for me, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Zenith

If no elicense key is included, then most likely it is a stolen copy. If you don't mind, please email me the link from Amazon to martin@battlefront.com so we can pursue this. Legitimate boxed copies of course include a license key.

We have had reports from people who bought from Amazon that they got copies without keys - so they are useless - so while I can't confirm that the listing you see is like that, it's possible.

Martin

Thanks for the link. This is in fact a legitimate copy sold in the UK by one of our distribution partners. It does not include a key because it doesn't need it. The only thing you need to do when patching is to use the correct patch for it. If you use one of our Battlefront patches, you will be asked for a key. But if you use the correct patch, then you won't need a key to play.

Thanks for the info, I will probably get the box off Amazon, my internet is far too slow at times for a large download. I appreciate you looking into this, the reviewer was obviously attempting to obtain the wrong patch.

Edit: Though having said that, the patch for the UK box release appears to be down on FileFront, and is unavailable on any other download site. It is seemingly impossible to update a boxed version, which seems rather odd given that large numbers of people must have purchased them. I wonder if said patch will be made available somewhere else?

Sorry, I'm blind, it's on their main page under top downloads. Still, they need to be more clear, and perhaps host it in several locations, rather than one. Anyway, thanks for the mental nudge in the right direction.