Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How to Play and Save videos of downloaded games.

This must be covered somewhere, but I couldn't find it... I have attempted to download videos from other players games from various CM sites with game examples. I download to CM vid file and when I try to unzip it there it gives me text not video. The demo video runs fine using MS video player, but I am stumped as to how to get the downloaded game example videos unzipped, up and running. I have amd 2/500 chip and 380 ram with an 8mg vid card and patch upgraded CM. Thanks in advance for any guidance... :rolleyes:

The data files are text/hex files. You'll need to know the password of the player whose movie you're going to view. Typically you'll click on "Join Multiplayer" and then "Load Email". Here you'll select where the movie file you've downloaded is located. When this loads you'll be prompted for the password and then you should be able to view the movie.

Some movies made in earlier version of CM may not work. If you're really desparate to view them you'll have to download the appropriate patch, i.e. - 1.05, 1.10, etc. (which should just involve replacing your executable and possibly deleting your Prefs file - keep your current executable, 1.12 copied to another directory).