Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Colour Display Problem - Toshiba Portege

anzac

I have a problem with the display on my Toshiba Portege 7020 laptop. The program plays fine, BUT white is displayed as magenta. This is both for the front menu, briefings and during play.

I have Direct X 9 installed.

Regardless of my desktop resolution, CM plays in 640x480 mode.

Interestingly, when I exit from the main menu I get (about 50% of the time) a brief flash of the exit menu screen with correct colours.

My thoughts are that maybe I just dont have enough memory in the internal video card.

ANy other ideas?

thanks & rgds

ANdrew

Auckland NZ

What OS are you running and do you have the latest drivers ? Your laptop uses the NeoMagic 256AV chipset, which is a bit lacking in 3D capabilities. The colors you're seeing are quite possibly due to the video driver, but I don't have absolute info on that. Users in the past who had this video chip in their laptops didn't have much success running CM.

My guess about the 640x480 resolution is that you're running in 'software rendering' mode and that there is no way for the NeoMagic chipset to support the 3D routines that CM uses.

Are you actually using DirectX 9.0 ? That is beta software at the moment. Though it probably should work fine, generally speaking, the build you're using may be a bit slower than using a released version such as 8.1. However your 'color palette' problem will remain with whatever version of DirectX you have loaded up.

[ February 13, 2002, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Thanks for the prompt reply.....

I'm running Win2000, and have driver neo20xx.sys so I suspect that I've gone as far as I can!

CM is still very playable....biggest problem is that I cant really play any Snow scenarios....all that magenta is just too much!

thanks again & rgds

Andrew