You lost me - mouse problems

As a satisfied SC owner I thought I'd try the CMBB Demo. I'm using the 1000 x 700 or so setting. I successfully got it running once, but most times, the mouse pointer disappears in the start screen or jumps around sporadically freezing then jumping. Often the mouse does not show up to point at selecting the different battles.

I read on in this Forum some of the others having this problem. I tried the solution of the 800 x 600 resolution. Didn't work and now the icons on my desktop are all moved from where I had them.

I see that sometimes you suggest updating the mouse driver but since my mouse has worked 99.99999999999999% of the time without freezing, becoming invisible, or jumping around (would of been 100% error-free until I tried CMBB), I am reluctant to fool around with changing drivers that might wreck other applications.

So, I guess I'll give up on it - seems too unprofessional that on a PC Gamer magazine's 2002 'Game of the year' game (congratulations by the way) has such an amateurish feel to the start up. :confused:

Or it could be my system is too old - PIII 550Mhz, Win98. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll just stick to SC or maybe SC2 when it comes out. smile.gif

Do you really want help ?

If you do, then tell us what video card and what drivers for it that you have loaded and which version of DirectX you have installed. Yes, the mouse drivers can often be the culprit, but what you're seeing may be more related to your video drivers. In the end it's possible that there may not be a solution for you with your current hardware (i.e. - your video drivers may be quite dated and nothing has been released in quite awhile for them).