Exit After/Exit Before...

Last question for awhile.... I hope...

Cna someone give me a description of the use, complications and best practices for these variables. Started to cover it on a different thread but wanted to focus on this.

The way I see it now Exit After/Exit Before works as such 2:30/10:00 ... so my Marines will attempt to execute the command after 2 minutes and 30 seconds of game time have elapsed but need to get this done before 10 minutes have passed. At least that is my take.

What if they can't get there before the Exit time? Do they scrap the rest of the orders and stand in place?

I heard a lot of people use the Assult command, do you find you get good fire this way?

If vehicles cannot reach a point, will they cancel the rest of the commands. I tried to have vehicles go through a dry river bed that had mud in the middle. Another time I found the vehicles on the side of a cliff. I guess the pathfinding of the AI had issues. Guess I can baby step them with more points to reach.

Anyway, help on the "exit" command is appreciated...

Even the old hands argue about Exit After/Exit Before (the manual doesn't help much either since it's listed "Exit After/Exit Before" in the text ;) ).

But you seem to be about right. Its more-or-less the time the move order is started and the time the move should be finished. If the troops miss the times they don't usually stop in place, they still try to complete the task. But I think if they get interrupted (forced to take cover and fight) then check their movement orders, if the previous "Exit Before" date is too far gone they don't quite know what to do.

A fair number of scenario makers leave the "Exit After/Exit Before" times at default 0:00-1:00. To me it seems like a serious mistake. Yes, the units will follow the orders in sequence until interrupted. What they're likely to do afterwards is anybody's guess.