Strange thing with Team DeSobry Operation

LC-

Now this may be a spoiler for those who havent played it (cant think of anyone who hasnt though but just in case.)

Weird thing happened. While playing this operation I was the Americans ordered to hold the town. I did this very easily even though I gave the AI a bonus and everything. Now I am not a great CMBO player. I was very surprised how easily it was to hold this town. All the Germans seemed to do was try to push into the town with their AFVs and no infantry support. I maybe saw 2 platoons worth the whole operation.

After the battles were over and I looked at the map to see if maybe my arty had broken all the Germans I was surprised to find them sitting in foxholes about 150-200 meters away from the town. A few squads had very minimal casualties. Why didnt the AI even attempt to take the town with its infantry? Like I said they just tried to roll tanks and guns into the town which I picked apart one by one with my platoons of Shermans and M10s. Heck even the Stuarts did some good. My total losses were 3 AFVs total. Whereas the computer had lost all AFVs but two Tigers that became immobile on the other side of the map.