Request: Support more resolutions!

Guest Guest

There's a file in your CM install folder that's called "display size.txt", and as far as I remember you can use it to manually set a custom resolution, but I don't know exactly what you have to enter there. May I recomment to do a forum search, I bet it's explaint somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

This does sound like a "problem with the TV". Standard Definition NTSC TV will not be able to support anything beyond 800x600. NTSC is actually even smaller than that (you just get 'overscan' with 800x600). It's quite possible that your videocard is putting out a standard-definition NTSC signal and you may not be quite aware of it.

If you're running to an High Definition ATSC TV (HDTV), then you may need to check the documentation/specs to find out exactly what resolutions it supports. Some HDTVs have very unique resolutions (often supporting the "1080i" vertical portion, but having a different horizontal resolution).

Are you running a computer monitor and the TV at the same time ? If so, I'm not sure if this could cause problems if attempting to run an HDTV resolution.