Great Game but........

Archmoco

Guys, I think the 'Armchair' General report is spot on, I am a big fan of these type of games. I think TOW & TOW2 are excellent...prob the best i've played, TOW 2 has so much more to offer, I got weeks of fun from TOW, however even though TOW 2 is EXCELLENT, I only got a weekends fun...not too many bangs for bucks !!! Since then I have spent the remainder of time on these forums trying to work out how to make battles...and i'm still no further on!!!! All this 'MODs' and create your own maps is just too much for some of us 'non-computer' guys....please please KEEP IT SIMPLE! or at least provide some easy moron proof instructions to play some games. Times precious I work long hours and it's nice to come home in the evening or at the weekend to play a game not spend hours down loading patches and add ons and then trying to work out which file needs to be....

@ Archmoco

I feel like You. It takes a lot of time to create a good battle on your own but it can be fun.

Most working people like us, just want to have fun playing a battle in the evening or on weekends, they don't dare to go into computer science. (Unless You are so attracted to this game like me ;) )

Try to create some missions with the battle generator that came with both of the games It's EASY, FAST AND FUN!

It doesn’t take much longer than a few minutes. Choose a map, the size and location where the battle should take place. Select the opponents and whether or not you want a time limit , Your and Your opponents units and support, add a few comments and You have a new challenge when You start the main program again!

And If You think You have done fine - share the mission with us! Others like You will then have stuff to download and have fun too.

Actually an average mission file has about 2 - 3 MB, therefore a download won't last long - the same for the upload in the repository. You can do this with basic computer skills with a few clicks.

The created missions do not need to be like the missions in the campaigns – they can be far simpler and still be fun for us!

ckeck if there is a folder with the name of your mission inside the ToW2/Missions/SINGLE_MISSIONS directory.

You should be able to access the mission (if you didn't forget to save it) by launching ToW and going to the battle menu.

Yeah, still can't find anything....I've managed to download and play the first Italian battle, but I have had no luck opening the second italian mission or any i've created. They are saved in the Mission editor and I can open them but when I open TOW 2 and go to the single missions there is only the first Italian mission?

Any idea?

@ Archmoco

1. Start the Mission-Campaign Editor - You should see with two taps, 'MissionEditor' and 'CapaignEditor'

now let us check if Your missions have been saved correctly:

2. Open the mission: either click on the icon (envelope with an arrow pointing at the top) or press 'Ctrl+O' or click 'File' (above the tabs) --> a second window should open showing You the campaign files.

Doubleclick on SINGLE_MISSIONS (which opens this directory). You should find the files that You have created in here or those You have downloaded (eg. 430122_it_attack_4 , in case you have saved my mission at the right place)

-- If You do not find anything in here something went wrong when you did NOT saving Your own BattleGenerator-missions -- :(

Supposed You found Your missions in here :) -->

3. Doubleclick on the desired mission DIRECTORY --> You should now see another directory named 'history' and a FILE named 'Mission'. Either click on 'Mission' and then click the 'open' butten, located in the lower right corner of the window or just doubleclick on that 'Mission'-file. --> wait for some seconds and the mission is ready to be edited.

4. Now click you can change almost everyting in this mission - but let us leave this for now.

Let us INCLUDE Your Missions to the Single Missions in Your game:

5. Click on the TAB 'CampaignEditor' --> You should now see two white fieds. In the left upper corner of the window you should find "+ Campaigns"

6. Click on the '+' (in a small square) --> Now You should find the campaigns in a 'tree' starting with + GERMANY and ending with + USA

7. Doubleclick on + SINGLE_MISSIONS --> Now You should find Your created Missions.

IF YOU FIND THEM WITH THE PREFIX: _Not_In_List_

eg. _Not_In_List_430122_it_attack_4

than you CAN NOT play this mission when you launch Your game. To do so, You have to

8. click with your RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON on the mission --> a rectangle with the text 'include Mission to Campaign' is shown.

9. LEFTCLICK on it and the mission is now fixed to Your campaign (in this case the Single Missions Campaign)

10. NOW: either type 'Ctrl+S' or click on the menue above the taps on 'File' and CHOOSE 'Save'

Now close the editor and launch Your game - the mission that You have included should by now show up in the single missions ready to play.

If this doesn't help You -- please ask Sneaksy!

Although I could open the saved files in the camp. editor they where not saving in the main Programme directory, i'm guessing its a Vista thing? Not enough access privilages, so I had to open two windows and drag/transfer all the files manually. i dont understand how they could be in the same place yet not open.... but then my knowledge of computers is very basic