Licensing Question

Hi All,

Been a long time since I have been here my old login from when I played the first combat mission seems to be not working or tied to a defunct email addy.

Anyhow bought this game and I am really loving it this is the first real time game since close combat 2 that I have enjoyed this much. I do have a licensing question though. I want to play my son on the lan do I have to buy two copies to do this? Most games will allow you to play lan with no trouble so I was hoping it was the same here until i was sure he would stick with it...

thanks

SSPL

No, you do not have to wait for the CD. If you have purchased "download&mail", then the CD is basically just a backup (which is a good idea because downloads expire after 365 days).

"Freezing" is a sign of something preventing a clean install. Don't you love Windows PCs?

Pick one:

UAC, DEP, AV :)

UAC -> User Access Control. You need full admin rights for the installation and first launch. This includes "run as admin" under Vista and who knows what else, depending on your internet security settings. You could just as well shut off UAC.

DEP -> Data Execution Prevention. Rarely a problem these days with less buggy CPUs, but it can still be a problem on older PCs. Steps how to set this are underwww.battlefront.com/helpdesk (Knowledgebase), but make sure you do UAC and AV first.

AV -> Anti-virus. Some of them are a nuisance because they block stuff without telling you what they really do, and some are hard to shut off, too. Check if your AV program isn't blocking the install from completing. Try shutting it down or adding an "exception" to it for the Theatre of War installer and game exe file.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that that's sometimes a way around it, because it's using less of eLicense's encrypted stuff and more traditional (internet based).. uh.. stuff. :)

We're working on a little helper program for TOW2 currently which will hopefully help with some of those more restrictive systems out there. We had something similar with TOW1 as well.