buildings and rubble, buttoned up vehicles

synchro

the most disappointing aspect of this game is the inability to use buildings to fire from. CM did it relatively well. surely it's possible to have a building encoded like a trench so any useful one a 'use trench' icon would appear and u use it with your squad as you would a trench?

the same could be said for rubble/destroyed buildings. i find it hard to believe the devs missd this out. in a small village in the middle of nowhere, -20 degrees outside and soldiers stand outside and wait for tanks to kill them instead of putting brick/wall between them.

also, the tanks are permanently buttoned up. that's bs.

this all feels very rushed. it's one of the reasons i played it only 5 or 6 times when it first came out. i waited hoping a patch would come out that fixed these essential points for a ww2 tactical game but no.

wouldn't it be great if somebody modded these things?

Hi Synchro, I believe the building problem was why TOW2 uses an updated engine. TOW2 lets you use buildings as they should be used. It's really something to see two squads fighting it out in buildings. Rifles firing from windows, guys charging across streets, laced with machine gun fire. Of course the best way to win building fights is to take buildings apart with HE rounds from tanks. Everything we always wanted. Of course TOW2 is limited to Tunisia for the time being....but oh well...

• 1 month later...
the most disappointing aspect of this game is the inability to use buildings to fire from. CM did it relatively well. surely it's possible to have a building encoded like a trench so any useful one a 'use trench' icon would appear and u use it with your squad as you would a trench?

the same could be said for rubble/destroyed buildings. i find it hard to believe the devs missd this out. in a small village in the middle of nowhere, -20 degrees outside and soldiers stand outside and wait for tanks to kill them instead of putting brick/wall between them.

also, the tanks are permanently buttoned up. that's bs.

this all feels very rushed. it's one of the reasons i played it only 5 or 6 times when it first came out. i waited hoping a patch would come out that fixed these essential points for a ww2 tactical game but no.

wouldn't it be great if somebody modded these things?

Even though TOW2 fixes these things, It would be cool if these things were modded for TOW1. There's lots of people who play TOW1 still(like myself) and would like to see your ideas used. But you would have to ask an expirienced modder if what you have suggested is possible:)...