CMBB Freezes And Saved Games Are Gone

P5

I have been trying to play five scenarios now and I haven't been able to finish not a single scenario as the game always at some point freezes totally. Mouse wont move, no sounds, ctrl+alt+del doesn't help...taking out the power from computer helps, but after that it doesn't matter even though I would have saved the game as all the saved games are gone...

Just great.

This probably is the best strategy game around and this probably is also the last computer game I will ever buy again.

I've had my share of non functioning games in the last few years.

I can't remember that I ever had this much problems five years ago, not to even mention ten years ago.

For CMBB I had to buy a new computer. That did help, at least the game will start, but no use of playing it...

If anybody has ever suggestions, I would greatly appriciate them.

1,8 GB Duron AMD

GeForce 4MX 440

256 RAM

Some basic information about my new computer.

Key factors are OS, drivers and directX. When you are running into problems such as this, the best general step to take is:

1) Uninstall video driver, switching to Standard VGA.

2) Reinstall DirectX.

3) Reinstall video driver (for nVidia cards, stick with the 29.xx series).

WWB

Yes I did that tonight. Too tired now to try did it help. I also downloaded Windows2000 Service Pack 3.

Just frustrated that you always need to download all sorts of updates to drivers etc...

Modern age I guess.

Anyways, Thank You for the great game. I hope I do enjoy this as much as I enjoyed CMBO.