Back to the drawing board with Mac PBEM problem...

Teggy

Well, all of my tests failed, unfortunately. I've also rebuilt the desktop, zapped the pram and tried starting the computer using base extensions. No dice. Now, sending the file to myself doesn't seem to work anymore. What seems so strange is that I can play normally and tcp/ip, otherwise I would just chalk it up to needing a new computer. Also, now I noticed that the crashes alternate between error types 1, 2, and 11.

I hate to say this, but from my experience on the driver teams at ATI & 3dfx, the people with the worst problems with 3D games were those that had upgraded Power Computing machines. Other clones, too, had horrible problems.

Part of the problem is that the QA teams at those companies (and Nvidia, too, I bet) don't ever test with upgraded clones.

-- Ray

1. Yes, I did reinstall my OS just recently.

2. I'm pretty willing to accept that my computer has just had it. I certainly is aging (it was purchased in 97, IIRC), and there's only so much upgrades can do, as witnessed by the fact that I've hit a wall regarding upgrading the OS. The part that just seems so strange is that regular gameplay and TCP/IP work fine, but PBEM, which one would think should be a simple matter, doesn't.

Bottom line is a might have to buy a new machine sooner that I wanted to, or at least deal without PBEM.