Extending the templated mission triggers

I am interested in extending the templated triggers that are created whenever one uses the Battle Generator. I was wondering if anyone was already doing this and/or if work had been done.

One example that I can see is that for the given templates that are created (which, by the way, are pretty good!), there may be room for a few other types of battle. For example, taking a page from the CM book, we could have "Probe" and "Meeting Engagement."

Right now, in the templated [init] trigger, I see that there are basically two types of options set forth for the global variable @@action: ATTACK and DEFEND.

I wanted to create a PROBE action and then perhaps set forth a conditional within [initMission] whereby a unit must perform the following:

1) Probing unit must move into a certain "Probe Rect" rectangle area

2) Probing unit must stay in that Probe Rect for a certain allotted time period to simulate reconnaissance

3) Probing unit must not be Panicked or otherwise depleted beneath a certain percentage of original strength (possibly using the @army_rate variable from [initMission]

4) Probing unit must return to their original disposition rectangle to complete the task

---

With an extension of the given templates, perhaps we could have other such types of @@action(s) available to us. Has anyone gone down this path?

Thanks!

Good idea, Arzok.

I am looking into the various _Recon_Activate... triggers that are generated and am going to try modifying or adding a new one whereby the "Probing" unit has an actual goal to drive toward and then a time limit to stay there and observe. I may even have something whereby the observing/probing unit must observe at least N numbers of enemy or stay in the observation rectangle for X minutes.

My idea is that a Mission Win would be a result of the probing unit having observed N numbers and made it back to their safe zone or simply sat in observation for X minutes and then go back to the safe zone.

This could be an interesting exercise in concealment and stealth. Even more interesting if the enemy has random observation aircraft! :)

Reading this got me thinking of possibilities.....

How about having your unit observe for x minutes & then has to safely make it back to friendly lines & a radio to call in an air/artillery strike. You could add to the damage caused by once the strike has been called & a preset delay of x seconds using the damage object command to wipe out what's left in the target zone. Would be a fun mission if you had to eliminate certain units (e.g. sentries, or patrol.) on the way to the observation point.

Only an idea........Good luck with your mission, I'd be interested to see what you come up with.