Abrams Tusk - What version Abrams for this upgrade?

I love the Tusk in the game & have been trying to read as much on it as possible. I haven't really seen whether all M1s can be fitted. They say either the M1A1 or M1A2. Is it the HA, SEP and/or the AIM version(s)? I would assume that the Army is going to have it, but are the Marines going to get this upgrade? They definitely should because of the urban battles they have had or are having in Iraq. Any help is greatly appreciated. Very cool upgrade. When I make enough money to buy one, everyone is invited to my house for a wild game BBQ, cold beer & we can terrorize the neighborhood. That would be some fun. The new LAHAT sounds fun too.

Info on TUSK Abrams seems to have grown exponentially since the last time I tried looking up that vehicle.

There's discussion on another thread about BFC not turning-around their titles as quickly as expected. THIS is one reason why, vehicle X gets all modeled & skinned then just before its finalized the Army goes and does an upgrade! D'oh! The game TUSK Abrams very nearly had a RWS .50 cal on the roof and a rear slat cage until the Army pulled those design features at the last moment! Up until the year 2000 it took about three years to change a bolt on any particular vehicle, now they're rotating vehicle upgrades like the Heer circa 1943! :D

Info on TUSK Abrams seems to have grown exponentially since the last time I tried looking up that vehicle.

There's discussion on another thread about BFC not turning-around their titles as quickly as expected. THIS is one reason why, vehicle X gets all modeled & skinned then just before its finalized the Army goes and does an upgrade! D'oh! The game TUSK Abrams very nearly had a RWS .50 cal on the roof and a rear slat cage until the Army pulled those design features at the last moment! Up until the year 2000 it took about three years to change a bolt on any particular vehicle, now they're rotating vehicle upgrades like the Heer circa 1943! :D

I hear that! I've been reading all the projects for upgrading the M1 & it's fascinating. I have found that the TUSK is being installed on either the M1A1 SEP or the M1A2 SEP. It's in reference to a soft cover book from Tankograd Publishing. It's the "M1A1/M1A2 SEP TUSK" written by Carl Schulze. I just received it & I'm poring over as I type. It comes in under 70 pages with tons of photos & background information on the M1 series. It is written in German & English languages, all in one book. It's definitely worth the price, around $20.00 USD. I will be building a 1/35 M1A2 SEP TUSK model & look forward to doing that. There are several after market kits for the TUSK conversion. I have received all of those but none have covered the infantry phone & the slat armor on the rear of the tank. I'm keeping my eyes open for that, I'm sure those details will be out soon by a manufacturer. Has the rear slat armor & the .50 RWS been scratched? I am still seeing pics & info that they are still being installed & used. The Legend TUSK kit has the .50 that is aligned with the main barrel. AFC Club also makes a separate kit for the M151 RWS. Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I'm still researching & I'll report more as I find it.

Thanks!

After looking through the book, so far it doesn't show the rear slat armor. I'm leaning towards that being scratched too. Going to read more plus look on info about the M151 RWS being used or scratched. On the 1/35 Dragon M1A2 SEP Model kit, they include the infantry telephone on the rear. I'm just waiting on the Eduard Photo etched set for the Dragon Abrams SEP. I will begin construction then & it looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Any M1 tankers out there that can supply information?

In further reading, I believe they mean the .50 mounted on the main gun barrel as an "anti-sniper" system. They are also talking on other variants of the M1 having the TUSK upgrade. More reading on that. I also found out there is a TUSK 1 & a TUSK 2 upgrade. Reading still but itlooks like a different type of reactive armor on the skirts in TUSK 2 over the TUSK 1.