Why no download only pre-order

Lt.Chris

Im just wondering why is there no download only pre-order?

I was consdiering to do it until i saw you have to pay $20 for a box i dont even want making it $55 insted of $35 with the discount. Will there be any considetion to make a download only package closer to realese aswell?

thanks

Pre-ordering a download doesn't make much sense. You won't be able to download any earlier than the release day, and you're not getting anything special. Simply wait until release day and order then - when the pre-order special ends, you will be able to choose from three delivery options as usual:

-download only ($45)

-mail only ($45 plus shipping & handling, which btw isn't $20 but $10; it's $20 only for EU customers)

- both download & mail ($55 + S&H)

We're offering pre-orders for those customers who want to get the physical goods and printed manual, and they are able to save $10-$20 (for TOW1 owners) on that, a pretty hefty discount if you ask me. Pre-orders also help us estimate how many printed goods we need in the first place. A pre-order for "download only" is not serving any real purpose. Hold on to your cash instead and wait until the game is out :)

Ye to get more money out of ye for p+p. $20 is £13.7456 which is much more than anyone else to ship to Europe for a Game which is tiny. I know you'll go on about customs but i pay for that if i buy it not u lot. I wont be buying this as i expect the same Customer Service and After sales support as the original ToW which was ****. :mad:

You're not paying any customs or any other taxes because the product is shipping from our European warehouse to European customers (and from our Vermont center to the US and worldwide). The $20 includes both the pure shipping as well as handling (packaging, picking etc.) and reflects both the Euro/Dollar exchange rate (which we need to take into account since we have European based fulfillment) as well as the real handling and shipping costs that we are billed.

But, you are right - you have the choice as customer if you want to get the physical goods including printed manual or not. That's why we are offering "Download only" when a product is officially released.

As for the comment about customer service, a lot of very happy customers will contradict that but of course you're entitled to your own opinion.