New QuickBattle System

Just wondering about the new QBs.

Will we still see a randomness in cherry picking like the variable rarity thing in CMBB/AK, which was a brilliant idea btw, and guaranteed variety in H2H matches? CMSF proved to be so bad in the QB department that still I have some worries about our new toy. BFC just seemed that didnt really grasp the popularity and effectiveness of their own creation :)

Even just copying/paste the CMx1 values/rarity to CM:Normandy will be enough for many of us I guess but some small additions would be welcome. How about a suprise bonus unit for instance. Something small like a sniper or a jeep or recon car or even bigger if battle size permits. This could be expanded to a whole (optional) mid-game random reinforcment system, to add unpredactibility to the core force which normally will be cherry picked.

Also dont forget the random experience system, in which you could end up a level+ or - from what you set. It was nice setting your Panther to veteran experience and ending up with a crack ace. Or even better when your opponent squeezed a green tank in the selection and ended up conscript :D

Lastly, a custom map insertion option like we had since CMBB and strangely dropped from CMSF. A map previewer would be nice in this.

The whole QB system in CMx1 was almost a sub game for many of us. I remember playing epic TCP/IP QBs with a buddy of mine and after the lenghty discussion about the battle details we always ended up "buying" something for our next encounter which could well be some weeks later. It was half the fun and I'm glad we will se a sort of return of this in CMN.