CMAK Demo - graphics issue in lower left and right corners?

I'm having great fun with the demo...even if the computer has handed me my but a few times. ;)

One thing I noticed though - is that while the turns are loading, I get a peculiar graphics issue in the lower left and lower right of my screen.

It appears as though there is partially obscured text...or something stretching from each respective corner, in about 2-3 inches towards the centre. If it is text, I'm not sure that its English.

The picture, or game picture - what I can see of the battlefield, is what is partially obscures this text or whatever it is, as it overlaps it. When turns aren't loading, the text is still there - but not moving, and therefore less visible.

Anyhow, not sure if this is just affecting my rig, if this is already a known issue or if this is some sort of intended feature - but I thought I'd mention it.

If necessary, I'll see if I can't post some screenies when I get home.

smile.gif

You are not alone .............

From your description I think I'm seeing the same thing from time to time.

In the black area just either side of the bar that contains the game buttons I'm a thin area with what looks like text.

It's not there all the time, but appears during the game ... not sure if anything in particular is causing it but I have noticed that doing an Alt-Tab will clear it.

PC Spec:

P4 2.6Ghz 512mb ram

Nvidia Gforce4 Ti4200 128mb ram.

Lou

Ooops, my bad for not posting in the correct forum. redface.gif

Glad I'm not the only one afflicted by this. I'll see what I can do about posting some screenies when I get home.

In the meantime, before I forget (again) - I'll post my pertinent system stats;

WinXP Pro

Direct X 9.0b

AMD Athalon XP 3000+

1 Gig Kingston Hyper-X, PC2700 Dual Channel RAM

MSI K7N2 Delta L Motherboard

MSI 128MB GeForce 4 Ti4200 Video Card

This is what I'm seeing.... similar text is shown on both sides of the screen.

CMAKdemo.jpg

Whilst the game is running the what looks like white text flickers as if the text is updating.

When I used FRAPS to grab a screenshot it stopped flickering for a few seconds then came back.

Alt-Tab clears the problems .... for a while.

I'm not actually that bothered about it as its only a very minor glitch and all the in game graphics look fine.

I have FSAA off .... not 100% sure what version the driver is .... it shows as 4.4.0.3

Lou and others:

i too experience this, what follows is the text from my original post regarding this issue:

'bug/graphic anomaly:

certain graphic elements leave telltale remainders when they come in contact with the topmost portion of the black boxes framing the in-game interface, particularly when scrolling across the terrain.

the two sources of this fault I have noticed thus far are the descriptive text, which appears when placing a unit on varied terrain (i.e. “scattered trees, rocky, palm trees”) and the multiple select tool (left click, expanding blue box).

to quickly view an example of what i am describing, simply enter the game and open/drag the multiple select box across the top of one or both of the bottom black boxes and a blue line will “stick” to the top of the black field(s) even after the multiple select tool is disabled.

a minor point by some standards, but it seems a shame to let this issue slide when such a high degree of polish has been applied to other facets of the game.'

** asus geforce4 ti4200

** nvidia display drivers 45.23

** windows 2000 pro

perhaps this information will shed additional light on the situation.

...all-in-all an astoundingly great game by the way, i did not purchase CMBB, thus all of the enhanced features and graphics are quite new to me. at last, the ubiquitous m4 comes into its own right...

Excellent - a screenshot!!

I've been playing the demo like made to re-create the issue.

It hasn't been as easy as I initially thought.

I can recreate it, though - not to the extent I first saw it (which is well reflected in the screenshot).

The text, or graphics bug - or whatever it is appears to slowly accumulate in bits and pieces.

I also noticed, that when I alt-tabbed out of the demo to print screen (and paste) a screenie of my own - which only had a few fragments of text, or the graphcis bug, that when I came back into the game - what was there, was entirely gone.

I have yet to try reverting video drivers, but if it comes down to that for the retail version of CMAK - honestly, I'll just learn to live with the issue as I have too many other games which stand to benefit from the latest drivers. Besides which, I don't think this is a show stopper - well - it isn't for me anyways, but I certainly figured it was worth mentioning in case it was representative of a larger issue.

Later smile.gif