License Key

tricky_nicky

I would like to make a serious complaint about this game. Over a year ago my uncle purchased this game for me on my 16th birthday and i have yet to get it working. He also purchased a copy for himself which he has managed to get working and today he sent me an email with the 'uber patch' attached. I thus installed the uber patch eagerly and was thrilled to see that it appeared to be working. However after a few seconds it asked for my 'license key' to which i thought 'no problems, it should be round here somewhere'. I read on to find that if it was mailed ordered, which it was, the lisence key should be on the back of the manual. No sign. I subsequently go through every page in the manual looking for this license key. No sign. I then go onto the battlefront website to see if they have a simple alternative where they can email me a new license in case the old one was lost, much like if you lose your password on itunes for example. No sign. Instead what it says is, if you do not have a license key you should consider purchasing a new copy. No offence but Im not going to buy another copy of something that was given as a gift when there should be a simple FREE alternative. Could someone please help me out because Im really annoyed as it looks like a really REALLY good game but I cant play it. Should anyone of any importance at 1C Company or Battlefront.com read this, could they also email me and tell why on earth it isnt possible for me to just be emailed a new license key.

Thank you

tricky_nicky aged 17

There are no open tickets at the moment, so either you didn't submit a ticket, or our reply got spam-blocked on your end. You can check the status of your ticket by logging in at the helpdesk, and look up any replies there even if they were spam-blocked.

• 2 weeks later...
tricky, please submit a ticket at the helpdesk (link above in Ratguts post) and we'll sort it out.

Moon, can this problem be sorted in the same way. As you know you get to install on 2 pc`s. So I put one on my Brother-in-laws pc so we could hook up together. However he is just not interested in it. He has said that he has uninstalled it, yet when I try to install my 2nd licence on my laptop it says no more licenses available. Can the helpdesk, help in retrieving my second licence?

Thanks in advance

Uninstalling a game and unlicensing it are two distinct steps. If you uninstall it, but do not unlicense it, then the game is gone but the license is still associated with the PC as far as our records go. There are two options:

1) we reset your key. Submit a ticket with your key and it will be reset. The downside to this is that there are only a few resets possible, so we usually only reset a key in emergencies (e.g. PC crashed and is irrecoverable).

2) ask your brother to reinstall the game, and then unlicense it. This will free up the key as well. He can then uninstall the game again.