New patch slight incompatibility problem.

Weird. I d/l the new patch and ran it to get an immediate error message. I had selected the option to install the Battlefront toolbar and assumed it was this conflicting with the new IE 8 Release candidate (which is excellant btw) .However ,the game would not launch ! .Eventually ,the old "run as administrator" trick got it working and i played as normal (using the video accelerator option which helps shift the map quicker) .No old saves were present ,which i expected ,so i saved the game .Next time it launched ok but came up with some read errors where the save game should have been .Reverting back to the "run as administrator " method and everythings fine . Ok,not a huge deal ,but i thought i would mention it. Any one else found this glitch?

Al.

What was the error message that you got when you tried to run it? I might have gotten it before, and what you would have to do to fix it (if it's the same problem I encountered) would be to completely reinstall the game, and then the patch. If you have Vista you might want to save it to c:/games instead of c:/programs, because of another problem that you might encounter. I wouldn’t recommend doing a complete reinstall though until you contact either Hubert or Bill. They usually can correct almost any problem with the game without having to go through the trouble of a complete reinstall of the game.

Hope this helps,

Scott