Can there be a "hold ground" order?

I like the new "bug out" feature for infantry and vehicles but I'm having trouble with my units doing it when I really need them to not do it.

Can there be an order that stops them from bugging out unless their morale drops too low?

Situations that are happening are things like an overwatch tank is hit by a missile but takes no serious damage and crew are not panicked or anything but they reverse out of the LOF leaving other units in danger.

I always took this as a self-preservation act that the unit knows they will get knocked out or killed if they stay there too long. I have had this happen with troops that are isolated and away from the main line. They are usually in an overwatch or trying to spot for artillery or spot emeny FOs.

These guys are crucial but a lot of times they bug out. I tell myself, I would have bugged out as well. One thing i am going to try is to get a LT up there with them and see if that helps their staying power.

What I think you will find is that if they did not reverse or bug out, they would have eventually been wiped out.

So you guys are using the brain that God gave them to save their hides and by the way in turn based, this behavior has saved many of my men.

You dont leave a tank thats been hit by a missile in same battle position....

seriusly... :eek:

If one missile have hit them, it means the enemy got visual on you and are reloading a new ATGM or another one is already on its way.

You shift battleposition, 50m to the left or right is enough. think its called "jocking" when shifting battlepositions like that. Letting a tank stay thats been fired upon is asking to loose it. Im happy with the way AI preserves itself now, loosing allot less units with their new behavior (WEGO player)

/Thomas