Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

A crossroad at El Derjine AAR

********SPOILER ALERT**********

I just finished this scenario and I managed to beat it after a few tries. The first time I started it, I left my infantry too exposed from the start and I got an arty barrage over me. Also the default setup of the M1s leave the vulnerable to ATGM fire and that cost me a couple of tanks as well. As did leaving the M1s exposed on the hills :).

Having learned from that, I drop arty on the hills as in the mission briefing and that made things a bit easier. The onslaught of enemy armour was easily taken care of by the use of the Javelin teams and very cool shoot 'n scoot with the M1s. Maybe it would be smarter for the enemy to keep his armour and transport in ambush positions. The positions they took up leave them very vulnerable.

I did not experience any significant resistance by the enemy infantry. With 45 minutes still on the clock I managed a total victory in elite mode with 4 KIA, 3 WIA and a lost TOW humvee. Enemy casualty ran in the hundreds with all of the vehicles destroyed.

Cool scenario, but once the threat of the BMPs and the tanks was removed a bit too easy I feel.

Good show ! You did the right things, following the briefing advices. But since there are 2 A.I Red plans, it might not turn out the same way every time.

Wait for the new battle A Counter Attack at El Derjine. You will see tows and saggers cris cross the field and scoring at 2000 meters. It is so impressive that I have few times, just let the Blue and the Red fight each other and looked at the show, taking snapshots, while testing the A.I plan.

A last thing. Like in reality you scored well, by probably not going too much in contact with the ennemy, but using all your javelin's, artillery and eventually air asset just becoming available keeping him at a safe distance.

Thanks for the feedback