Counter attack at El Derjine

News about the new scenario A COUNTER ATATCK AT EL DERJINE

Following A CROSSROAD AT EL DERJINE the Marines have been pulled back and A Company AT with 2 platoons of Strykers ATGM is securing the North east side with 3rd Battalion Combined Arma (MOUT) partly around the town and in rear lager.

The map has been enlarged to 2400 meters in widht by 2544 in depth. Sorry to no be able to show you an aerial view, but the town with the hill on its left side and the other on its right, the last one being a high shelf, set along 1/3 of the east side starting from the road of the El Frid Hamlet, has a road whirling through a narrow gap and leading to the far East side to a village. In between the two latter a flat ground leading to the village told about and to the ford and bridge in the North east corner.

The battle testing is curently done and is being set to provided you on the BLUE side being played with surprise, but not complete defeat in the 10 first minutes ,since that is not really funny for a two hours battle againts 3 Mech Airborne Companies mounting BMP'S3M , a Guard T-72's Tank Company , parts of an airborne Engineer Company and finally a Recon BRDM platoon.

Testing is very important, as well as the initial setting of the fields of fire of the Blue.

Just to illustrate that I got few full defeats on the BLUE side, then Draws, minors and finally total victory with 308 dead red for 17 Blue

Blue O Tank.Lost 7 Other.Vehicles

Red 5 T.L 35 O.V

The fields of fire were too good on the Blue side and or the timing of the attack went wrong, the Red can't go through narrow passages, all at the same time. Correction are underway to make you enjoy the scenario and rehabilitate the ATGM with score at 2000 meters like the ones I have seen in that testing,from either side that is to say.

Since in a Campain, the rate of troops attrition is so high, that you end up with few troops in the end and having not found a right answer to what I consider has being a major drawback to all the efforts brought by everyone in theirs, I won't make for the moment a campain of that scenario.

If you have any comments they will be highly welcome at my know email address

Remaining