CMSF and Windows 7

Hi there,

I just installed Windows 7 x64 beta booting from a partition on my HD. So far I'm very impressed on how it performs and yesterday I installed CMSF on it.

It's working "well" as it doesn't CTD or anything but I'm getting a nasty flickering on some parts of the graphics.

I'm using the latest Nvidia WHQL for Vista x64.

Did anyone else try with different results?

• 3 weeks later...
Standard, same results here. Windows 7 does not have OpenGL drivers for it yet. Since you're using drivers from Vista you're getting a conflict. It is not specific to CMSF. If you update to the Windows 7 drivers via windows automatic update you will no longer be able to run the game at all, since Nvidia has not bundled OpenGL with their Win7 drivers. Wait it out or revert.

Odd, I'm using W7 x64, and have obtained drivers for my 8800 GTS via Windows Update. CMSF works perfectly fine, no issues, flickering or otherwise.

Edit:

Specifically, the drivers I'm using are labeld 'Prerelease WDDM 1.1', dated 11/20/2008, and obtained, once again, via Windows Update.

Adam,

After that, you can go for the vista driver the 181.22 latest ones I think, and it works well with the 64 bit version of Windows 7, as well as fixing some small graphics problems and some big ones from Fallout 3. No flickering and no issues, I have an 8800GTX.

Rune

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on Win7 beta build 7000 x64, with the windows update (NVidia Pre-Release WDDM 1.1) driver set 179.43 on 9800GTX+. I'm using the demo, as I'm debating whether to get this game or not. The main issue I am having is that every mouse click generates a screen flicker. This is most noticeable on the menu screens, where clicking anywhere, the screen flashes the previously rendered frame/menu before redrawing the screen properly. In-game the flicker is pretty rapid, but it still makes the user experience pretty horrible. The flicker only appears when the mouse is clicked (it's not even really a flicker, the screen flashes as it redraws the scene after a mouse click). This problem doesn't exist on XP Pro on my Intel card.

1024x768 @ 85Hz CRT Even turning on v-sync doesn't help. The other games I play are TF2 and EVE Online and I don't get these problems. Maybe it is a Win7 OpenGL issue...