Vortex 2 sound card prob in Win98

I have a Xitel Storm Platinum Vortex 2 sound card. It's great during the game. 3d positional sounds work fantastic. My problem comes when I exit the game shut down Win98, then reboot the computer. Win98 hangs on loading and only after multiple reboots will I finally get into Win98. I know it's the sound card because I can remove the sound card and drivers and Win98 will work again. I've used both the 2016 and 2048 A3D Vortex 2 drivers. Am I alone here in this problem? If not, can someone help me out? Maybe disable directsound hardware acceleration? check my IRQ settings? anything else? Just doesn't make sense that it hangs Win98 upon rebooting. Is CM is doing something behind the scenes that would cause this?

Thanks

------------------

Jeff Abbott

No CM is using just the directx and sound apis. With my monster 2 card, which is A3D i had to turn down the hardware accerlation on the sound card a notch or two. try that.

Rune