CMBB won't load

I recently bought CMBB over the internet. Tried to load it on my computer numerous times. Tried cleaning several times. Sometimes loading will terminate midway, usually with a .wav file. Many times will load to final Berlin to Barbarossa.exe file and then get stuck trying to load it.

Tried copying .exe file to computer. Computer copies fine ..... until it gets to Berlin to Barbarossa.exe and then won't copy further.

What's a poor sap like myself hungering to fight on the steppes to do?

Not so schnell Rob :(

I suggest downloading and using WinRAR if you're using the BFC (and not the CDV) version of the game (which seems likely with the executable name you gave). Typically most people ran into problems towards the end of the archive which were the scenarios. Anyway, with WinRAR you should be able to open the archive manually and extract the files. If it still gives you a problem, then either your CD/DVD drive had a problem reading the CD (which can just be a case of the way that the CD was manufactured - with it pushing the size limitations for a manufactured CD) or you might have a bad CD (which can possibly be discerned by looking at the data surface for a cloudy/milky appearance in various areas).