LicCtrl (eLicence) will not start on startup or manually...

I just reinstalled the game just in case (1.10 following with 1.11) but to no avail, it seems (as expected) that even though you click on shockforce.exe to start the game that runservice.exe does not kick in and let me put my CD key in, hence that I cannot go in eLicence Control Center to fix the problem. It's the very first time that it happens to me. Every time that I go in services.msc and try to start LicCtrl manually, I get a type 5 error (whatever it means).

DEP is not activated and my anti-virus (Panda IS 2009) has both shockforce.exe and runservice.exe listed as "allowed" programs.

Please, if I need some help about this. Thank you in advance!

Actually LicCtrl does not have to run to license your game, and you do not need the eLicense Control Center to do it either. The Control Center is only listing your active licenses and allows you to unlicense them with one click, but it has no vital functions in itself.

One step back: so you reinstalled the game and when you launch it... nothing happens? Because after reinstalling a game (assuming that you didn't unlicense it previously) it should simply launch again and not ask you for your license key. That's by design.

Feel free to contact elicense@battlefront.com or our HelpDesk for support.

Yes, I know, I reinstalled the game before and I never had any problem like this one. So, to recapitulate, I double-click on the game's shortcut icon and nothing happens... It is really annoying. If you have any clue about this kind of issue, Steve, it would be really appreciated if you could relay the information here. Furthermore, I tried to unlicense the game just in case and nothing happens. I also tried doing it (both starting or unlicensing the game) with my anti-virus and all its services turned off and it does not work at all...

Thanks again!

Important; please note!

Alright Steve, you might want to keep this handy would you fall on somebody with the same, albeit I guess probably rare, problem that I got.

When you completely uninstall the game, it seems that a file is left over after you got a confirmation that the uninstallation is complete: runservice.exe Why I would know is simple: because I looked at the date the file was created and the date did not concur with that of i.e. CM Shock Force.exe, meaning that it did not uninstall for whatever reason. Once I deleted runservice.exe (and knowing that the game's *.exe would create a new one in the WINDOWS folder when it would be accessed at a "later" time), my newly installed game loaded perfectly.

Maybe it might help other people who have been or will be facing such a similar annoyance.

Interesting but there is no difference from one runservice.exe file to another. Instead, what I'm suspecting happened is that the previous runservice.exe file was flagged by something on your end (UAC, Defender, Firewall, AV software, DEP, who knows) and was prevented from executing. When you deleted it and a new file was created that block went away. Still, it might be an interesting workaround for some people.