Carrier repair and upgrade

I am curious as to what other players consider to be optimal play as Japan in the early months. Is it worth the time, after Pearl Harbor, to reinforce CV's (including adding the elites) and to upgrade them? It is of course very time consuming, since only one action can be performed per turn. With a CV that is in need of repair, upgrade and plus has elites available, this can take up to five turns (six if both air and CV can be upgraded).

TIA

Happycat,

Without any question you should do that, because later on in your campagin you'll pay a huge price if you don't upgrade them. That goes for both Allies, and Japan. Carrier's are the backbone of any victory in this game (land, air, and of course sea).

Thanks. This matches my instincts in this regard. Although most Pacific based wargames I have played over the years tend to reward quick expansion by the Japanese player, I felt that keeping my technical edge over the USA for as long as possible might just be more important. In this game, the Allied player has little to work with anyway, so all of those nifty little bases like Rabaul will still be there, ripe for the picking, a few turns from now :)