Cutting it close

Congratulations! You did far better than I did in my first game! Where on earth did all those Russians come from? Man, in my first game they didn't do that well at all against the Japanese in China when they finally came in!

I'm in early 45 in my second game, doing better in the islands, just took Iwo and getting ready for Japan, but in Burma not as good as before, and the Chinese are in real trouble!

Where on earth did all those Russians come from? Man, in my first game they didn't do that well at all against the Japanese in China when they finally came in!

Once the 10 turn countdown started, I began stripping Russian troops that weren't absolutely necessary to hold on to their cities and operated them to the coast for invasion duty.

It was very rough going for the Ruskies but I found a soft spot at the north end of the island with an unprotected city and that's where the beachhead started.

In the end, it was relentless pummeling by CV's (many teched to 5-3-5) actually clearing space for landing US troops. I even wiped out the defender in Tokyo with CV's alone and landed unopposed in the Jap capitol.

I never had a chance to take Iwo Jima which would have greatly helped as I could have parked 4 bomber groups there and hammered the island.

My early overbuild of subs allowed an ambush of the Jap CV's giving me complete control of the water by mid '43.