Scenario File Locations in Vista help

Gents,

I'm running Vista64. (Okay, now, for all the naysayers and "I told you so" folks, post negative comments about Vista somewhere else. Are they gone? Good... we can continue.)

I've found my CMSF files scattered into two different locations. They are:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force\Game Files\Scenarios

and,

C:\Users\Ken\App Data\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force\Game Files\Scenarios

The second folder with "Savegames" substituted for "Scenarios" is where all my saved games end up. In the "Scenarios" folder I have many of the original, and some user made, scenarios. Yet NOT A SINGLE USMC scenario is there; they are all in the first folder.

Here are my questions:

When I download new scenarios, which location should be the target folder?

Why are the USMC scenarios not co-located with the other scenarios?

Since CMSF scenarios all show up when I start CMSF (the file location seemingly doesn't matter) should I manually move them around to one or the other folder?

A by-product of my various file searches has showed me that I have four copies of every scenario: one each in English, German, French, and Spanish. I have no need for three of them. Deleting shouldn't be an issue, but why are they all in the same folder?

Thanks for USEFUL responses. (Hey, that was aimed at Vista bashers. We know they never really left!)

Thanks,

Ken

Also using Vista 64.

Yet on my machine all the files are in the install directory including the marine scenarios and savegames. Checked the Virtual Store folder but there was nothing there related to Battlefront or CM.

I guess this is because i didn't install it to either of the Program Files folders. (Installed to: E:\Vista\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force)

Also with my install the different languages are all in seperate "Game Files" folders.

Ah, that's useful.

So, Sham-13, you did NOT follow the default install routine, but instead manually overrode it. (I used to do that on my various XP machines, but I want to let Vista do its thing.)

Is the install routine operating as expected in Vista? (for BF.C).

One other item: when inside of CMSF and I select "Savegame" the various USMC scenarios drop their "USMC" prefix. The prefix is there, such as "USMC: Rahadnak Road" in the "Battle" listing ingame. Yet, the savegame defaults to "Rahadnak Road".

Is it supposed to do this?

Thanks,

Ken