Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The Mongoose and the Cobra V2

This is it - The second version of Team Mongoose and the Cobra. Same conditions as the original but more complexed. Check it out and tell me what you think. 3 plans - Defensive (enemy force attempts to defend the two objectives DO-5 and DO-6). Offensive (Enemy Force attempts to bring the fight to the player). Combined (Enemy Force blocks and than counters and develops a defensive perimeter). I think all three plans varies the difficulty of the scenario. It's on CMODDS.com - too cool!!! I can't get on the repository so it wont be there, sorry. I think it is the best so far - What's your opinion?

This one is literally a blast ;)

Boy, there were alot of units, it felt like 4th of July sometimes with all those rockets and shells flying around. My poor rig could hardly deal with it. :D

I think I was too much concerned with unit preservation and wasted too much time at the beginning. I couldn't reach the objectives in the end - but I'll try it again with a more offensive approach, if not to check out the other AI plans. And I will keep an eye on the way the AI tactics change.

Thanks for this. :)

--- possible spoiler---

That barrage at the beginning got me cold. I was totally suprised and it stalled my whole approach. It looked awesome, though. :D

--------

Thanks Birdstrike, I’m glad you liked it. I think preservation of forces is an extreme weakness the US military has. The idea of a true enemy mechanized force standing up and fighting back will be a real shocker to our forces someday.

***Spooler***

I know that barrage is an eye opener. The Syrian 7th regiment throws in a disruptive pattern of 81mm and then tags the channeled approach into the village with 120mm. It still catches me when I replay it. You just don't expect the Syrians to hit like that. It stops the momentum of the offensive...... cold.

And it's amazing how the psychological effects of having casualties, or collateral damage restrictions for blue translate to the game level.

Playing blue, you're so used to being in an advantage that, once faced with a determined, armored OPFOR, I was reluctant to move forward my armor before having cleared the area with artillery and air support - losing time and the momentum as a result. I mean this is somewhat realistic, and even as it is bad thing to do for me, it adds to the immersion of your scenario, because you really feel the pressure of weighing the mission against your men.