Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

NVIDIA Open GL Driver Error 13

Just bought CMSF Marines and get a serious graphics problem every time I try and play. This is odd, as I've been playing CMSF v 1.10 for several months with no problems.

I notice that at launch the background border area around the intro movie is now white, used to be black.

Second the text in all the menus seems to "flicker". After several seconds of this (it varies in length) the game hard freezes and finally crashes.

I did get a message once that said unrecoverable error due to NVIDIA Open GL Driver Error 13

Please help, as having played CMSF since release I'm going to get withdrawals.

EDIT: System Specs

Windows VISTA 32bit

Intel Core2 6600

4 GB RAM

GeForce 8800 GTX

Do you have palyer mods installed?

I don't know about the specific error you mention, but initially I had some problems with Marines and it turned out to be a conflict with a couple of mods I'd installed (in my case it was, sadly, the Syrian air icons and Mord's radio chatter, and they just had to go).

Try going 'vanilla' - clear all mods, and try playing. If the problem's gone, put them back in one by one until you find the culprit/s.

Possibly also, you may need to either update or roll back your nvidia drivers.

Hope it works.

btw you mention an intro movie. What? I don't get a movie, just a splash screen.

I guess it is the splash screen...just used intro movie as generic term

No mods, pure vanilla.

Only thing I can think of is that I updated my drivers since the last time I played? Not really sure since there is a big vacation in there and my drivers were updated prior to that...but can't remember how prior and if I played CMSF somewhere in there or not. Hmm....

asm,

It may not help, but, I'm running an 8800GTX, vista64 (hence the difference), and CMSF/Marines v1.10. I've got no problems, but my nvidia drivers are version 177.92.

I'm aware that nvidia has released several betas on the way to the whql "big bang" release. I think they're up to 180.44beta and there are reports of 180.47beta around.

Try a rollback to 177.92, or push up to the latest beta.

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Ken

*Shrugs shoulders* when all else fails....shut down and walk away for awhile. Shut down, came back an hour later and works GREAT...just like it used to. Just sent the Marines in to mop up a small town and loving it. I'll post back if problem returns, but everything seems back to normal.

Maybe I needed a restart before I played after installing?